SICA News |About SICA | Projects | Gallery | Workshops | On Culture | ICDP Artists Database | Music | Visual Arts | Sculpture | Crafts | Photography | Writing
Subud International Cultural Association
SICA – Subud International Cultural Association – is a cultural organisation of the World Subud Association, and an affiliate of Subud Australia, established for the development of human values.
SICA facilitates and promotes cultural activities that serve both its members and the general public.
SICA affirms that human beings can develop and work in harmony from a place of inner understanding.
SICA acknowledges that the process of creativity is the outcome of the interaction between a peaceful inner-self, the outer needs and the specific nature of the human being.
SICA acknowledges, celebrates and promotes the organic link existing between Culture and Spirituality.
- From SICA Australia constitution Nov 2005
The red door of the SICA opening page was created by the late Ludwig Goetz, the architect who designed the Clearview Gallery extension in Brisbane. It is a creative call to action – to “personalise your experience’’ – to manifest something creative in the world – in whatever your medium – from the combination of your experience and your own unique cultural expression.
SICA – Principal activities and purpose of the Association
SICA is registered with the Office of Fair Trade (NSW) and ROCO (the federal Register of Cultural Organisations) in Australia. SICA has DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) status which provides for Tax deductibility on donations that are paid through its Public Gift Fund.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote an emerging artistic culture whose source is the human spirit, whose content is alive and whose expression is self-creating, spontaneous and intuitive;
- To encourage cultural and artistic activities and the values which enliven and enrich the human spirit through the promotion of:
- Literature – music – design – community arts – crafts – video – performing arts – visual arts – radio – television and film;
- To provide cultural venues for training, performance and exhibition which enable people to develop and express their full potential as human beings;
- To encourage the creative spirit which enables people to express their true talents and develop the capacity to improve the quality of their lives;
- To foster a culture of development for individuals that is in harmony with one another,
- a harmony that celebrates different races, religions, ages and sexes, rather than perpetuating barriers.
SICA – Office Bearers 2012
National Chair: Vacant
- Vice Chair: Vacant
- Secretary: Vacant
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Public Officer: Vacant
- Board Members: Vacant
- Public Fund Administrators: Vacant
- Voting Members: Vacant